Garagistic delrin shifter bushings instructions
Installation of garagistic delrin front carrier bushing (round).
- The trans should be supported by the jack,
- Lower the jack down until the jack pad is no longer touching the trans then go up slightly to hold it a small amount. you need to do this to allow the bitch clip to rotate back once its unclipped.
- With the hook pointed towards the driver side reach above next to the shift carrier and unclip it.
here is a link just for the bitch clip
next is the removal of 1 13mm nut at the rear of the shift carrier.
- Now you will have the shift carrier out of the car.
- You need to remove the front carrier bushing.
- Its a rubber bushing with a metal sleeve.
Use a exacto knife or a razor blade to cut the end of.
Once you cut the sleeve off you can push the rubber to the other side to remove it.
Now your shift carrier should be like this (or similar).
Now you may press the Garagistic front carrier bushing in.
If you also bought the rear delrin bushing. The following are the instructions for that.
Installation requres that the edge on the back of the carrier be grinded down a bit.
You can see the metal file we used in this picture and the Garagistic rear delrin bushing (can be bought here).
Next step is to burn out the old bushing on the rear carrier bracket.
hammer in the new delrin bushing with the chamfered end in first.
Should look like this when its done.
It may be a good idea to "dimple" the metal housings after putting the bushing in.This will ensure that the bushing doesn't slip out the back. Use a punch and hammer for this process.